Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oct 18-22

     Turns out I don't really listen to that much music. Yes I buy a few songs off iTunes once in a while, but don't really use my iPod to much. I mostly just listen to the music while i'm working on my computer or something. I pretty much only use my iPod for the apps haha =P. Concerning the sound... I guess I do like to turn it up a tad to high. I don't think so, but when I let my younger sister listen to music with me, she's always telling me to turn it down. I guess I do have some hearing issues...
     I do care about my hearing though. A few months ago I watched a program about hearing on some random T.V. channel. That's when I realized that there was a problem with hearing for kids and teens these days. I always try to keep my music down to right above 50%, but sometimes after listening for a while, I seem to slowly ease up the volume just a tad.
     After watching that program, I've been more aware of the sounds around me. When I'm walking around the halls at PHS, some of the kids that pass by seem like there listening to there iPods on full blast. You can distinctly hear whatever song they are listening to. I've always wondered how they could even stand listening to something so loud! But now I know its because they cant hear it.
     Some of the ways I prevent myself from bad are:
     • Like I mentioned before, I always keep my iPod's volume below 60%
     • I keep the T.V. soft enough so the people in the next room can barley hear it
     • Instead of listening to hard rock, I try to listen to more soft melodious music
     • I try to help family and friends when I hear them listening to any thing to loudly
     These are all ways we can help each other to not get bad hearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment